7 Black Terns

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2013
      There were seven Black Terns northwest of Norwood at Rapture Point Pond in Montrose County along CO-145.  At Ridgway Reservoir there were four American Avocets and three Wilson's Phalaropes.
      Other migrants that we are tracking that were seen today; Turkey Vulture, Osprey, California Gull, Common Nighthawk, Black-chinned, Calliope and Rufous Hummingbirds, Olive-sided Flycatcher, Western Wood-Pewee, Say's Phoebe, Plumbeous Vireo, Violet-green and Barn Swallows, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Orange-crowned Warbler, Wilson's Warbler, Green-tailed Towhee, Chipping Sparrow and Yellow-headed Blackbird.   We drove to Montrose today via Norwood and Ridgway.
      Coen and Brenda