Fw: [cobirds] Ridgway State Park - RMBO Banding

  • Tom & Kay McConnell
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7 9:16 AM

      Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 5:14 PM
      Subject: [cobirds] Ridgway State Park - RMBO Banding

      Hi all,

      My name is Linnea Rowse - I'm a new seasonal bird bander for RMBO, and will be banding at Ridgway State Park, and Connected Lakes State Park in Grand Junction this fall.

      Today was the first day of banding at Ridgway State Park, at the Dallas Creek entrance. We only caught a handful of birds, just 15 total, despite the rain last night.

      Species summary:
      Black-capped Chickadee - 1
      House Wren - 3
      American Robin - 1
      Gray Catbird - 3
      Orange-crowned Warbler - 1
      MacGillivray's Warbler - 3
      Wilson's Warbler -1
      Lincoln Sparrow - 2

      We also caught a Black-chinned Hummingbird, which was exciting, and it had just one purple feather in its gorget.

      Tomorrow is our public banding day (Saturday, 9/7) - everyone is welcome to come visit our site and observe the bird banding! Next week we'll have several school groups visiting the site.

      Happy birding!

      Linnea Rowse, Bird Bander
      Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory