Sw Colorado reservoirs

  • Victor Zerbi
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2013
      I tried to hit several SW Colorado Reservoirs today. I started with the Dolores Ponds and saw a Western Sandpiper and Spotties. The I went to Denny and it was very full with no mudflats and no shorebirds. Then on to Totten which was also very full with nearly no shoreline - only Spotties. Next to two entrances teo McPhee - it was very low with some mudflats but no shorebirds except Spotties. On to Narraguinnep - which was also very low but with the best mudflats I had seen. However no shorebirds but it did have 7 American White Pelicans. I next headed west and went to Ferris Res - which was only about 25% full and only had 4 ducks. On to Glade Lake - just as bad with a couple more ducks. I then headed to Groundhog Res. - which also was low but had many fisherman. A couple of decent mudflats but no shorebirds. To end the day I made a stop again at Miramonte Res. I found 12 White-faced Ibis and 3 Long-billed Curlews.

      Vic Zerbi