Re: [wsbn] Ouray County

  • Bill Harris
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 29, 2013
      Would like to ditto Kent’s observations of ibis and 1 avocet – they were out on a small island
      at the south end of the reservoir later this pm.  Common mergansers diving in the shallows – presumptive
      western grebes way out on the res.  Another related but non-bird observation – mink working the river
      bank and river’s edge diving into the shallows bringing in crawfish.  pretty neat!  Kingfisher below the dam.
      Bill Harris

      Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:23 PM
      Subject: [wsbn] Ouray County

    • kent nelson
      Message 41 of 41 , Nov 8
        Birders,

        With the change of weather, there were a few different birds at the Ridgway Reservoir today: 7 Common Loons, 7 D-c Cormorants, 20 Common Goldeneyes, 20 Common Mergansers, 2 W. Grebes, and, among the regular gulls, 1 Herring Gull.

        When I got home, I had, at my pathetic feeder, my second ever White-throated Sparrow.

        Good birding,
        Kent Nelson
        Ouray