Trumpeter Swan near Rifle

  • David Boyd
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27 3:55 PM
    Erin Jones first noticed this Trumpeter Swan in the Mamm Creek Ponds near I-70 on Sunday evening. It was roosting with a group of Canada geese. I took these pictures this afternoon, when it was solo. Take exit 94 from I-70, which is between Silt and Rifle. Take the northern frontage road west. The swan has been in the third pond as you travel west, about 1.5 miles from the exit. It's also very visible from I-70, if you like to bird at 75 mph.