Loudy-Simpson update

  • Forrest Luke
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2013

      The migrant wave continued at Loudy-Simpson Park in Craig today. The number of Townsend’s (15) and Nashville (5) Warblers was the highest yet. A YB Chat made a very rare Craig area appearance, along with an Olive-sided Flycatcher. I did not see or hear the waterthrush  or Least Flycatcher today. Eastern Kingbird and Bullock’s Oriole, a couple of species that I thought were gone for the year, showed up for an apparent last hurrah.

      Sadly, with a forecasted return to sunny weather things will probably slow down until the next batch of weather.

      Cheers,

      Forrest Luke

      Craig