Fruitgrowers and Carbondale.

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20 8:32 PM
      Brenda and I joined Tom, Linda and Mary at Fruitgrowers and birded the Delta area.  There were lots of Western Grebes, 95 counting the hatch year birds and American White Pelicans, 100.  We did find two Clark's Grebes in the mix.  Other than Killdeers and Spotted Sandpipers, shorebirds were in short supply.  We did see one Wilson's Snipe and a possible dowitcher in the distance as well as a possible yellowlegs.  The best birds in the Delta area were two Great Egrets also at Fruitgrowers.

      Brenda and I followed Linda and Mary to Carbondale and birded Sunday and part of Monday.  At Spring Park Reservoir there were shorebirds.  Many Killdeer, 3 Solitary Sandpipers, 1 Greater Yellowlegs, many Spotted Sandpipers, 1 Least Sandpiper, 3 Baird's Sandpipers and 1 Wilson's Phalarope.   It was hard to tear ourselves away from Linda's feeders but we did take a walk along the Roaring Fork River Monday morning and did find an Eastern Kingbird among the 41 species along the river.

      In total we did see over 100 species between Nucla and Carbondale but it required a little work as it was not real birdy.  Weather was just too warm!
      Good birding,
      Coen