Re: [wsbn] Black Phoebe - Delta Co, Aug 18

  • Bill Harris
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19 6:54 AM
      Jason,
      Floated the lower Gunnison between Bridgeport and Whitewater
      ten day ago along with Bill Day among others, and we spotted at
      least 8 black Phoebes along that stretch.
      Bill Harris

      Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 7:19 AM
      Subject: [wsbn] Black Phoebe - Delta Co, Aug 18

      A Black Phoebe was seen along the river in my yard yesterday. This is a species that I have been anticipating would show up with their ongoing expansion. Next closest place I know of is the Old Hotchkiss water treatment plant (about 8 miles downstream) where they may have bred this summer. A Greater Yellowlegs was also present along the river yesterday. First MacGillivray's Warbler showed up in the garden too. Mac Warblers are common in the flowers and veggies this time of the year. Nice to know our farm provides habitat for them and to have them eating pesky bugs!

      --
      Jason Beason
      Paonia - Delta Co.