Durango Hatchery Pond 8/17

  • riley.morris39
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2013
      This morning I got out to the Durango Fish Hatchery Pond a bit earlier.
      Six warbler species this morning:
      Black-throated Gray
      Orange-crowned
      Virginia's
      Nashville
      Yellow
      Wilson's

      The Nashville gave only a brief look but the gray head, bold eye ring, green back, and yellow underparts left little doubt as to what it was. It flew across the river where I lost it but might still be around.
      Green-tailed Towhee adults were feeding a juvenile, as were Song Sparrow adults. There was at least one Brewer's Sparrow present along with two other spizella sparrows that kept burying themselves in the rabbit brush.

      Riley Morris