Garfield County Rifle Gap Update

  • Art Dahl
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2013

      Hello birders, today I visited Rifle Gap and Harvey Gap reservoirs in search of migrating shorebirds. There is not much to report, so far. Only Killdeer and numerous Spotted Sandpipers. All of the Spotted Sandpipers displayed non-breeding/juve plumage. The mudflats at Rifle Gap are extensive, so I expect some good birding there soon. I did observe bunches of Black-throated Gray Warblers, many appeared to be young birds. Not much at Harvey Gap, except for signs proclaiming there is no limit on northern pike, yummy. Art Dahl, Rifle.