Fw: eBird Report - Greater Nucla Area, Jul 29, 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2013
      Fall migration is on.  Lots of Western Wood-Pewees, Western Tanagers, Black-headed Grosbeaks, Lark Sparrows and Bullock's Orioles moving about.
      Today around Nucla were 4 or 5 Black Swifts near the Nucla Loop Road and the San Miguel River in the AM and 3 more this afternoon over Nucla.  A Black Phoebe has been hanging around a farm pond west of town.
      We have been feeding 8 liters of sugar water each day.  Larry Arnold's formula says we are feeding over 1000 hummers.  Black-chins and Rufous are about 98% with a couple of Broad-tails and Calliopes every now and them.  We are still feeding orioles grape jelly and are finding the hummingbirds like it too.
      Good birding,
      Coen and Brenda