Calliope at No Name

  • Tom & Kay McConnell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2013
      First calliope of the season an adult female, tiny bill & wings longer than the short tail.  Waiting for a male, they are a bunch easier to pick out.  We will spend tomorrow and Sunday in the Flattops and look for Purple Martins (probable), White-winged Crossbills (rare), Boreal Owl (maybe), mosquitoes (abundant).  Should be fun if we only find the abundant species.

      Tom McConnell
      Glenwood Springs