Close encounter of the wren kind

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2013
      While doing a goshawk survey today in the aspens, I happened upon a family of wrens, with the young ones just at the flight stage.  Two of the little ones flushed, and one flew at me and landed on my shoulder, where it looked around for a second and then realized I was NOT a tree, and took off.  Apparently the drab clothing works!

      I've had other birds land on me, siskins and nuthatches mostly (and gray jays), but never a wren.

      No goshawks today.

      Dennis Garrison