Perch Pond surprises

  • Forrest Luke
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2013

      I spent a little time on the east side of the Perch Pond (midway between Craig and Meeker off Hwy 13) last evening. In addition to the usual marsh birds were a Cattle Egret, a Greater Yellowlegs and an Osprey. The timing of the egret and yellowlegs was surprising; I can only assume the yellowlegs was an early fall migrant. As for the Osprey, there is a nesting pair on Wyman Museum property just east of Craig, but the Perch Pond is 25 miles away so who knows?

      Good Birding,

      Forrest Luke

      Craig