Rose-breasted Grosbeak

    Message 1 of 5 , May 23, 2013
    Greetings,
    Today a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak spent the day off and on at our feeders in Nucla.  We now are at 84 species for the yard in 2013.  We have photos which we will attach tomorrow.
    This evening we did go to the Nucla sewer ponds and the Lesser Nighthawk came at 8:30.  We will try for pictures tomorrow and hope we have better light.  We were able to get within a few feet of the nighthawk as it fed on flying insects.  There appears to be only one nighthawk.
    I have attached two Bobolink proof shots from the CFO Convention in Cortez.  The photos were taken southwest of Mancos in Montezuma County on County Road 38.
    Coen and Brenda
  • Fran & Paul Didier
    Message 2 of 5 , May 22, 2014

      We had a new yard bird today, Thursday, May 22, 2014, a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak.

      The bird visited our feeder briefly and then took off.  The red bib was a little shorter than the many I’ve seen when living in the east, but otherwise it was in classic spring plumage.  We live in Grand Junction almost a mile north of Patterson near 28 Road.

      Paul Didier