Night Heron Carbondale today, and belated news from Spring Park reservoir, Eagle Cty, for Monday

  • Dick Filby
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2013

      Hi all,

      our Night Heron is back in the yard this afternoon

      Meanwhile - wrote the following yesterday evening and never sent it - oops. Sorry.

      Got distracted working on revising the Roaring Fork Audubon “Bird and Mammal Checklist”

      (available soon!)

      A brief visit late afternoon (Monday) to Spring Park reservoir in the pouring rain revealed

      Common Loon 1 alternate

      White-faced Ibis  17

      Wilson’s Phalarope 1

      peep spp 4

      Franklin’s Gull adult alternate

      Ring-billed Gull <10

      American Pipit >25 feeding on the shore

      Will return tomorrow with Linda for a more comprehensive search to hopefully nail the peeps and see what else the weather has brought in

      Meanwhile FOS Black-headed Grosbeak (male)  in the yard this evening

      Good birding all

      Dick Filby

      Carbondale CO