Spring Park reservoir Red-n.Phalaropes (Eagle Cty)

  • Dick Filby
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2013

      Hi all,

      A very brief visit to Spring Park reservoir, El Jebel this morning revealed

      Red-necked Phalarope 2,  probably both females

      Common Loon at least 1, alternate

      Barrow’s Goldeneye 2 (male and female pair) that took off (female in the lead) about 8.30am, and circled the reservoir several times, climbing higher with each circle, until they were probably a couple of thousand feet up.. and I lost them when they crossed my line of sight to the sun..  Bet they headed off to the Flattops!

      Plus

      Ring-billed Gull 2

      American Pipit – several

      Good birding all