Mineral and Hinsdale Counties

  • Jim Beatty
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2013
      I followed Vic Zerbi's tips into Mineral and Hinsdale today with some different birds.  There was a Long-billed Dowitcher (county first?) in MIneral at the Broadacres Ranch pond and Bald Eagle and Pied-billed Grebe (my first in county - don't know where they've been hiding) at lakes along CO 149.

      Probably the most unusual bird was a Northern Mockingbird (county first?) on FR 520 in Hinsdale about a mile from the Mineral County line.

      Good birding,    Jim Beatty