Ouray birds

  • kent nelson
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5, 2013
      Hello, all,

      I don't know if anyone's particularly interested in Ouray birds, but there have been a few oddities. One was a Brewer's Sparrow in my yard yesterday evening. Not really the habitat, but it was yard bird #84. Today at my pathetic 15 x 15-inch feeder I had a male Lazuli Bunting and a Brown-capped Rosy-Finch at the same time. (I've only had one rosy-finch. It's been around for five days, along with a Green-tailed Towhee.)

      Good birding.

      Kent Nelson
      Ouray

    • kent nelson
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 15, 2014
        Hello, all,

        I've had nothing to report all winter, but this week two Evening Grosbeaks showed up, the first of the winter. Last year I had up to 70, but this year zero. A few Cassin's Finches had appeared, too, (also absent all winter), and today I had four Brown-capped Rosy-finches, along with 20 siskins.

        Kent Nelson
        Ouray
      • Geoff Tischbein