More Mineral & Hinsdale Birding

  • Victor Zerbi
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2013
      My daughter and I finished her trial (successfully) Friday and I celebrated by birding a half day in Mineral and Hinsdale counties this morning. I had several good birds in the ponds along Hwy 149 and at Browns Lake SWA. Yes, Browns Lake is finally clear of ice. It did not have a great variety of waterfowl however.

      Among the better birds in Mineral County were Great Egret, Franklin's and Ring-billed Gulls, Willet, and Blue-winged Teal. In Hinsdale, there were Western Grebes, Wilson'sZerbi Phalaropes, Killdeer, Osprey, Bald Eagle and a Willet.

      Vic Zerbi