Good wave of migrants today in Nucla

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2013
    Greetings,
    Several first of the year birds for Nucla were passing through our yard today while we were doing yard work.  We did have a singing (calling) Gray Flycatcher, Western Kingbird, Virginia's and Black-throated Gray Warbles, Bullock's Oriole and one very unexpected species four photos are attached).  I suspect this is a new species for Montrose County that has photo documention.
    We have now climbed to 170 yard species total, 65 yard species for 2013, and 151 Montrose County species in 2013.  I don't think Jason is threatened.
    ABA now has an amazing list serve where one can list any county in the USA, state, country, region, etc including annual, big day and more and more and more.  Crazy what this birding world is coming too.
    Coen and Brenda