Nucla water-holes this morning!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2013
    Greetings!
    Lots of interesting birds around Nucla today.  West of town at a farm pond a Great Egret (photo attached) and two Snowy Egrets were present with most common species of ducks including a Hooded Merganser.  Over 20 White-faced Ibis were feeding along the water's edge.  Two Marbled Godwits, one Least Sandpiper and two Long-billed Dowitchers were mostly resting along the edge of the pond.  Several gulls were present.  The gull flock was made of of Franklin's, Ring-billed and California.

    The best bird was a Snowy Plover found at the Nucla Town Reservoir (photos attached).  That is a new species for us in Montrose County.  At the reservoir a Snow Goose and a Lesser Yellowlegs were also present.

    There were three Greater Yellowlegs between Redvale and Norwood at a farm pond called Rapture Point.  An American White Pelican was there early this morning but was gone by 11:00 AM.

    In a separate e-mail I am attaching our complete list of local birds this morning via e-bird.
    Coen and Brenda