First of year at No Name

  • Tom & Kay McConnell
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2006

      Today a “Slate-colored” Fox Sparrow was scratching around on the hillside below our feeders.  Most likely this bird did not over-winter as the last FOSP we have seen was on 11/05/05.  Also both species of hummers here now, Kay heard and saw the first Broad-tailed male yesterday while I was going to school.  I believe we have only one each of Black-chinned and Broad-tailed so far this year (multiple sightings though).

      T&K