Roaring Fork Valley New Years Day

  • Tom & Kay McConnell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2013
      In light snow and cold this morning Vic Zerbi, Dick Filby, and myself set out to see Rosy-Finches at a home above Glenwood Springs.  We found all three species along with Evening Grosbeaks and Wild Turkeys.  In the afternoon several of us went by Linda Vidal’s home and saw four Common Redpolls and an American Tree Sparrow.  End result 48 species for myself today is pretty respectable around here in January.  Missed Barrow’s Goldeneye however, Happy New Year to all!

      Tom McConnell
      Glenwood Springs