Grand Mesa Christmas Count-rosy finches, redpolls and Barrow's goldeneye-Mesa Cty

  • nic korte
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2013
      Larry Allison and I did the Jerry Ck area of the Grand Mesa CBC. On V road we encountered enormous flocks of rosy finches--all three kinds represented but mostly gray-crowned. In one flock we saw many Common Redpolls, having as many as six in view at a time. Later in a completey different area (on the hillside by the Jerry Ck reservoirs) we encountered a smaller flock or rosy finches sans redpolls and brown-capped rosies. (There are some photos on the Grand Valley Audubon Society Facebook Page.)
      We also had 12 Barrow's Goldeneye on Jerry Ck Reservoir #1.

      Nic Korte