Birdy Greetings to All!

  • Cary Atwood
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2012
    Season's Greetings from a snowy day in GJ and elsewhere on the Western Slope...

    Yesterday's sun-splashed but frigid bikeride along the Riverfront Trail yielded many of the usual suspects messing about in the ice choked Co. River  including Hooded Mergansers, Common Mergs, Co. Goldeneyes, GW Teal, Widgeon, Gadwall, Bufflehead, Ring Billed Gulls, a lovely wind hovering Kestrel, N. Harrier, two skeins each of 60 + calling Sandhill Cranes, one each of Bald Eagle and Red Tail.

    Back at the home feeder, we mixed up a batch of Julie Zickafoose's suet recipe (aka Zick Dough) since the temps have been so cold; stuffing it into hanging pine cones as well as dishing it out.  Attached is one of our regulars enjoying herself...as well as a view of the Kestrel looking us in the eye...

    Cheers to All,
    Cary & Leon
    Grand Junction