Christmas Bird Counts Reminder

  • jonhorn49
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2012
      I want to remind everyone about the Christmas bird counts coming up in Montrose, Delta, Gunnison, and Paonia. The Montrose, Delta, and Gunnison counts are this weekend and Hotchkiss is Jan. 5. Here are the details:

      Montrose - Saturday, Dec. 15

      Meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Montrose Public Lands Center parking lot, 2465 South Townsend Avenue. We will bird watch until we get the circle done or run out of daylight. All data needs to be turned into the leader by the end of the day. Contact Missy Siders, 970-240-5332 or msiders@....

      Delta - Sunday, Dec. 16

      Meet at 8 a.m. in the Delta City Market parking lot. Bird until we get the circle done, or run out of daylight. For more information contact Amy Seglund at 970-252-6014 or amy.seglund@....

      Gunnison - Sunday, Dec. 16

      Meet at 7:30 a.m. at Western State College Campus, Hurst Hall, Room 130 to get organized. A chili potluck at 5:30 p.m. completes the day and provides an opportunity to compile the results. Contact Arden Anderson at 970-641-5322 the week before the count with any questions. All data needs to be turned into the leader by the end of the day or other arrangements must be endorsed by the leader.

      Hotchkiss - Saturday, Jan. 5

      Meet at 8 a.m. in the Hotchkiss City Market parking lot to break into groups. For more information and for those who want to meet earlier for observing owls, contact Jason Beason at 970-310-5117 or jason.beason@.... Jason would like to hear from everyone that plans on helping with the count, but it isn't necessary to participate with this group!

      We are hoping to have a great turnout at all of the counts this year so pass the word.

      Jon Horn
      Montrose