Colorado Christmas Bird Counts -- Count Week birds

  • Brandon K. Percival
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2012
      Hi all,

      All of the Saturday December 15, Christmas Bird Counts, can start finding Count Week birds for their counts tomorrow through Friday.  Three days before and three days after the count is considered Count Week.  It is always good to look for the rare birds that have been around, and try to get them for Count Week, in-case they don't stay for the count.  This Arctic Blast might have moved a lot of the lingering passerines out of here, though maybe not all of them.  I've noticed some bodies of water, that were ice free around Pueblo, now have lots of ice.  Please try to get photos of rare birds on Colorado Christmas Bird Counts or during Count Week, and send the photos to the compiler of the count and to me.  Thanks.

      Good birding,

      Brandon Percival
      Colorado CBC Editor
      Pueblo West, CO