Google Earth CBC center errors

  • Mike Lesnik
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2012
      wsbn,

      Haven't even lurked here for a couple of years - hope every one is getting lots of birding time.

      Ran across this link about a month ago and thought that it was pretty neat.

      birds.audubon.org/.../kmz-file-christmas-bird-count-circles-us-googl...

      If the link works it will give you a short download, which, when opened, will almost instantaneously pin all the US CBC circle center points and draw a circle (separate GE files by state).

      However, I am seeing errors in the circles that I am familiar with - almost two miles for Livingston, Montana, 0.30 mi for Lewistown and I think over a half mile for Bozeman.

      Has anyone here checked out their circle?

      Mike Lesnik
      Livingston, MT