Gunnison Co - Nov 26-27

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2012
      Took the long way to Denver to see if any Barrow's Goldeneyes were present at Blue Mesa Res. Yesterday there were 3 at the Gunnison River inflow area. Very little ice yet. Many unidentifiable goldeneye in the middle of reservoir. I did see approx. 50 Common Goldeneye also.

      We are in serious trouble if we don't get snow this winter! The reservoirs are very low! I drove about one mile from east end of Blue Mesa Res on what should be under water it seems before I could count ducks on the water.

      Other interesting birds there yesterday:
      Herring Gull - 1
      Common Loon - 1

      Today:
      ~55 rosy finches (at least 12 were Gray-crowned - 7 of those Hepburns - the rest were Brown-capped)
      14 American Tree Sparrows and 1 Northern Shrike at North Willow Creek (signed pullout with bathroom)

      --
      Jason Beason
      Paonia - Delta County

      "The future ain't what it used to be." - Yogi Berra