turkeys and cranes

  • Andrea Robinsong
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2012
      This morning I received a call from an excited Al Haack who lives near
      Paonia. He was reporting that he heard cranes close-by yesterday evening.
      Shortly after the call I walked outside and almost immediately heard
      crane calls overhead. Start counting, Evie!

      For those of you who want to visit Wild Turkeys close-up, the big burly
      toms have rejoined the non-breeders who have loafed around here all
      summer. The toms are in strutting mode and anyone is welcome to come by
      and watch the show.

      I think I'm down to one hummer...too androgynous for me to ID. There was
      a male black-chinned for the last few days but I haven't seen him today.

      Enjoy this gorgeous Fall!
      andrea robinsong
      roosting in hotchkiss