in our hood this morning

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2012
      Birders,

      Right now it sounds like two adult Great horned owls are counter-calling while a nearby juvie is screaming bloody murder. Missy and I walked our neighborhood loop this morning a couple of times and tallied the birds below. The female Williamson's sapsucker remained on our elm tree for about four and a half hours! If she had been on any other elm tree in our yard, I wouldn't have known she was here; this tree was 15 ft away from me. Oops - she's still there, same place since about 7:15 a.m. except during her coffee breaks on a poplar tree. ;-)

      Larry
      Redlands