Clark's nutcrackers near Crawford

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2012
      I've seen several Clark's nutcrackers near Crawford this week.  The first was in the junipers just north of Gould Reservoir.  The second was at the Throughline trailhead up the Smith Fork, in a mix of cottonwood and blue spruce.  The third and fourth were out in some hay fields.  Not my normal viewing sites.

      Evening grosbeaks all over Paonia these days, too, but since I am not feeding, no idea what else might be lurking or passing through.

      Happy birding!

      Dennis Garrison
    • Bobby's IPad
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2012
        Least Flycatcher in old grove cottonwoods next to state park on Audubon trail. Backyard 26 1/2 G road Rufus, black-chin, lesser gold finch, pair of Black-headed grosbeak.

        Has any one else noticed an abundance of House finches outside of backyards.
        On the riverfront trail between 32-29 I saw at lest 200, wonder if they are eating the tamarisk beetles?

        Bob Wilson
      • Bill Harris
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 10, 2012
          Early this morning a pr. of peregrine falcons spotted flying
          over Gateway Canyons Resort.  They were cruising together,
          calling out to each other  Heard them before spotting them.
          Bill Harris