couple birds from the muddy country north of Paonia

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2012
      doing some work in some aspen timber sale units, found two junco nests with eggs (translation:  almost stepped on), two separate purple martin cavities (new sites for my data set), a whole family of ravens recently fledged (but no nest within a couple hundred yards of the area) and a stick nest I have driven past, oh, three hundred times and never noticed.  Unoccupied this year.  And a sapsucker working over some willows.  And the usual suspects.

      Very little around, compared to what I expected.  The birds were really concentrated near what little water there was.

      Dennis Garrison
      Paonia