Hummers

  • dten1195co
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 14, 2012
      Had a major increase in broad tails tonight in Vail, prob from 30 to 60! went through 4 big feeders today.
    • mesaverde_99
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 14, 2012
        Do you think the wildfire might have moved the birds west?

        Debbie Tyber
        Breckenridge

        --- In wsbn@yahoogroups.com, "dten1195co" <dten1195co@...> wrote:

        > Had a major increase in broad tails tonight in Vail, prob from 30 to 60! went through 4 big feeders today.

      • Dennis Garrison
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 14, 2012
          At least around here, mountain wildflowers are WAY down from last year.  Still seeing a lot of hummers in the hills, tho.

          Dennis Garrison

          To: wsbn@yahoogroups.com
          From: dtyber@...
          Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 03:43:09 +0000
          Subject: [wsbn] Re: Hummers

          Do you think the wildfire might have moved the birds west?

          Debbie Tyber
          Breckenridge

          --- In wsbn@yahoogroups.com, "dten1195co" <dten1195co@...> wrote:

          > Had a major increase in broad tails tonight in Vail, prob from 30 to 60! went through 4 big feeders today.

        • James Biebl
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 5, 2013
            No rufous here yet, but they've been as late as 7/11. Overall down a bit, (70/30 BC vs BT), but have gone thru ~50/60 lbs sugar also. Lots earlier, but certainly less than avg now.
            Jb
          • Andrea Robinsong
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 7, 2013
              Where do you live?
              Andrea Robinsong?

              On Jul 5, 2013, at 4:49 PM, James Biebl <jbiebl@...> wrote:

              No rufous here yet, but they've been as late as 7/11. Overall down a bit, (70/30 BC vs BT), but have gone thru ~50/60 lbs sugar also. Lots earlier, but certainly less than avg now.
              Jb

            • Carol Ortenzio
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 7, 2015
                Had a pretty little male Calliope hummer come into my feeders tonight along with the usual Black- chins & Broad-tails. Haven't seen a Rufous in weeks. Does anyone have any?
                Carol Ortenzio
                Grand Junction

                Sent from my iPhone
              • Debbie Tyber
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 7, 2015

                  I have Rufous here in Breckenridge, but a long way from Grand Junction.

                  Debbie Tyber

                  Breckenridge

                • Carol Ortenzio
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 2, 2016
                    While working in the yard this afternoon, the first Rufous Hummingbird showed up to torture my little Black-chins. Also had a female Bullock's Oriole. Surprised to see & hear her.
                    Carol Ortenzio
                    Grand Junction

                    Sent from my iPhone