white-throated swift cloud, Delta County

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2012
      At Pleasure Park on the Gunnison this morning, there were at least a couple hundred white-throated swifts foraging on insects over the river.  They showed little fear of me, flying within a couple feet of me on numerous occasions, and calling all the while.  One picked off a trout fly before it hit the water, breaking it off my tippet and flying away with it.  Hope it had the sense to drop it and did not swallow.

      By noon they had left and were replaced with a small number of random swallow species.

      Dennis Garrison