Least Flycatcher

  • aesein.alvera
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2012
      Visited Collbran this morning (6/9) to look for the reported Least Flycatcher, and heard it about 2 seconds after I stepped out of my car at the previously described spot: 0.7 miles west of the bridge in Collbran along PE Rd.

      Although I heard the bird immediately and easily due to its distinctive call, it took me upwards of ten minutes to actually lay eyes on it.

      Here's a photo:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/58672470@N03/7169838669/in/photostream/lightbox/

      Afterward, I visited a few other locations nearby to look for more birds, but the wind came up pretty heavily and all the birds hunkered down, so I headed home empty handed.

      Here's my short checklist of other birds found at the Least's stop:

      Jackson Trappett