White-winged Dove

  • Jacob C. Cooper
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 9, 2012
      Hi all,

      Well, I only had a day in town between coming back from Africa and heading to Idaho for work, and despite my trouble adjusting to the 8 hour time difference, I did manage to confirm that the White-winged Dove I had in my yard last year has in fact returned this year (but then again, maybe he never left!) He was singing for about five minutes this morning near the corner of E Road and Vista Grande Drive around 6:10 AM.

      Good birding,

      --
      Jacob C. Cooper
      Grand Junction, Colorado

    • Paul Didier
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 11, 2012
        We had a White-winged Dove in our yard today for the first time. We live near the intersection of Cortland Avenue and 28 Road about 3/4 of a mile north of Patterson Road in Grand Junction. They seem to be extending their range to the north. Paul Didier
      • Bob Bradley
        Message 3 of 13 , May 18, 2014
          There was one in my yard late yesterday pm.

          Bob Bradley
          GJ
        • Steve Bouricius
          Message 4 of 13 , May 18, 2014
          On Friday evening, a White-winged Dove visited our feeders in Central Orchard Mesa.

          We continue to have regular visits from a leucistic Eurasian Collared Dove. This bird, a female, is nesting near the house, and has been coming to our feeders for the past three years, both summer and winter.

          Steve Bouricius
          Palisade
        • Tenz
          Message 5 of 13 , Sep 7, 2016
          Having lunch today & glanced out the window to see a White-winged Dove at my feeder. Very exciting for me, making it the 70th species to ever come to my yard!
          Carol Ortenzio
          Grand Junction