Hart's Basin and Grand Mesa

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2012
      On the way back from the Grand Mesa today, I counted 84 western grebe nests out on the floating vegetation mat in the middle of the lake, with more under construction.  A couple ibis, a couple avocets, a couple black-headed gulls, lots of ducks and geese, a yellowthroat, and so on.  One spotted sandpiper (at Hart's, a couple more up on the mesa)

      Up on the mesa, I found a single coot sitting on a log on a lake at 9900 feet.  Otherwise birding was slooooow.  Glad that wasn't MY block.

      Dennis Garrison