white-winged dove in Montrose

  • Bill Harris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2012
      Out for an evening stroll with my wife and
      pooch along our usual path thru the Vineyards
      in SE Montrose.  Initially heard a dove call that
      we don’t hear around here, then a block later
      heard the same call, and saw the dove fly out
      of a tree – had the unmistakable wing and tail
      pattern of a white-winged dove.  Have heard and
      seen plenty of white-winged doves in AZ, but never
      locally.  Have noted the reports of sightings in the
      Grand Valley  Has anyone in the Montrose sighted one?
      Bill Harris