Hawk identity

  • Scott Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2012
    Hello,

    I was putting these pictures out here hoping someone could give identify them definitively.  They were seen at Corn Lake this January.

    Scott W.
  • Andrea Robinsong
    Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2012
      You photographed a mature Red-tailed Hawk. That black face type has
      become the predominate race, phase or whatever it's called, in this
      area. Thirty years ago most red-tails had white instead of black facial
      feathers.

      andrea robinsong
      hotchkiss