Lesser Nighthawks, Gray Catbird and Orchard Oriole

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2012
      This evening a least two Lesser Nighthawks were in a mix of Common Nighthawks at the Nucla sewer lagoons.  Both looked to be males.  In our yard we had a new yard bird, Gray Catbird.  A mulberry is fruiting and birds are coming to feast from all around.
      Brenda and I were walking to the post office and about a block from our house an Orchard Oriole was singing in a black walnut tree.  After a while we spotted a female singing away.  It was not a first year male.  It was a female looking for a good male, rare around this parts from what I hear.
      Good birding,
      Coen