Four blocks near Dove Creek and Egnar

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2012
      Greetings,
      Brenda and I have just returned after working 4 more atlas blocks in the west end of Dolores and San Miguel counties.  We found nearly 70 species in the Dove Creek block and 60 in the Egnar block.  Most unusual and unexpected were several Willow Flycatchers.  We were granted permission to walk Dove Creek below the sewer lagoons and found several singing Willow Flycatchers.  We suspect maybe we just ran onto a migrating flock.  Several Olived-sided Flycatchers, Western Wood-Pewees and Cordilleran Flycatchers were found in habitats where they may not be breeding.  Maybe flycatchers are coming in really late this year.  However, Gray Flycatchers and Dusky Flycatchers have been here for several weeks.
      A complete list of birds found in North Dale-SE, Egnar-SE, Dove Creek-SE and Piute Point-SE can be found on the atlas website in a couple of days after I have entered the data.
      Coen and Brenda