Eagle County birds, 6/1

  • Andrew Spencer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hi all,

      This morning I birded north of Edwards in Eagle County, along and just off of FR744 between the Piney Guard Station and the private property boundary just before Marma Lake.  Note, this is a 4x4 only road.  Anyway, the highlights were tons of American Three-toed Woodpeckers in the extensive beetle killed Lodgepole pines, and a pair of White-winged Crossbills.  Other expected species, which were nevertheless county birds for me, include Pine Grosbeak, Olive-sided Flycatcher, and Evening Grosbeak.

      Good birding,

      Andrew Spencer
      Centennial, CO