Pastorius Reservoir 4/6/12

  • riley.morris39
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2012
      Hi all. I stopped by Pastorius Reservoir in La Plata County this morning around 9:30. I was able to find 5 Greater Yellowlegs (which Jenny W. had told me about) and one Wilson's Phalarope on the west end. In the dead tree below the dam (near the road) there were at least 5 Yellow-headed Blackbirds. Easily the most surprising sighting, though, was a SAGE SPARROW that hopped up ten feet in front of me just beyond the footbridge that crosses the canal at the end of the parking area. First I have ever seen at Pastorius.

      Riley Morris
      Durango, CO