cliff-nesting Canada geese

  • Ron Lambeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5 7:55 PM
      This is for Jim Le Fevre.
      Back in the late 1970s when I was doing bald eagle surveys on the rivers I found a few Canada geese nesting on cliffs on the south side of the Colorado River just below the Loma Boat Launch.  Also this species nests on the rocky cliffs over the Mississippi River near Hannibal, Missouri.  The dirt bluff case of Jim's may be a first in that setting. Incidentally a goose pair sometimes nests with the great blue herons below DeBeque along the Colorado River.