FOS Black-throated Sparrow - CNM Devils Kitchen

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2012

      I didn’t encounter any Black-chinned sparrows this morning at last year’s location, for which the FOS was 09 April 2011 (Lev Frid), but maybe it’s early yet and I’m a dreamer!?  However, two Black-throated sparrows and several Spotted towhees were on site counter-singing.  Crescent milkvetch was blooming all over the place and should serve as an adequate temptation for any arriving hummingbirds... I’ve seen Broad-tails using this plant almost to the exclusion of other ornithophilous plants present on the east slope of the Sandia Mountains when we lived in the Land of Entanglement, AKA New Mexico.  ;-)