Delta and Mesa Counties this morning, 03 April

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2012

      Missy and I hit the road early and found good birds, some of which were FOS for us:

      Stop along US.50 – Burrowing owl 1, Loggerhead shrike 2 (shrikes were chasing the owl around)

      Confluence Park – Snow goose 1, Double-crested cormorant 7, Bonaparte’s gull 1

      Harts Basin – Cinnamon teal 1, Northern shoveler 45, Eared grebe 1, Western grebe 22, Double-crested cormorant 3, Virginia rail 2, California gull 1, Yellow-headed blackbird 24

      Sweitzer – American avocet 1, Sage thrasher 1

      G50 Road – Sandhill crane 3

      Cheney – Andrea Robinsong and Foxy, 1 each, Sandhill crane 12, Wilson’s snipe 1, Say’s phoebe 1, Loggerhead shrike 2, and the best mix of ducks today

      Whitewater gravel pits – Common goldeneye 1, plus a few other ducks and geese

      Yesterday in our yard we had 55+ Cassin’s finches show up at the feeders.

      Good boid’n!