White-winged Dove in Redlands, 31 March

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2012

      Just now returning from a couple weeks in southwestern Ecuador on a quest for Tumbesian endemics.  I was hoping to join our local GVAS Owl Prowl this weekend but missed out due to a delayed / rained out / flight from Miami (ouch) that required an overnight in Dallas (Yeehah).  Hey Coen, Missy put out two humfeeders on 3/23 but reports no activity yet.  She also reports a WWDO was in our yard on 3/31, but that the bird was disappointed I wasn’t here to feed it so has allegedly departed.  My favorite birding moment during the Ecuador trip was to experience Giant Hummingbird again... unlike my previous encounters with this species in Ecuador and Peru (brief flybys), this time we enjoyed a Powerful Performance by a bird defending territory during 15 minutes or so!  WOW, a “swift that can hover” !!!  =)

      Spring migration on the West Slope – bring it on!!!