GUSG presentation - Montrose Library

  • Cheryl Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2012

      Sorry, I didn't notice that the blurb below didn't mention where it was being held. Please join Leigh Robertson of the San Miguel GUSG Working Group as she presents "The Coolest Bird in Colorado" Thursday, March 8, 4-5 pm, Montrose library. (I thought the Black Swift was the coolest bird…;-)

      March 8, 4 – 5:00 pm
      Montrose Library

      The Coolest Bird in Colorado

      Gunnison sage-grouse are amazing birds. They have one of the craziest courtship displays you’ll ever see. Even though they’ve lived in the west for thousands of years, scientists didn’t discover they were a unique species until the year 2000. In this presentation, you’ll see why the Audubon Society declared this grouse as one of the ten most endangered birds in North America. You’ll also discover how people from all over southwestern Colorado have come together to protect this rare bird and its imperiled habitat. Presented by Leigh Robertson, the Coordinator for the San Miguel Basin Gunnison Sage-grouse Working Group.

      Sincerely,

      Leigh Robertson, Coordinator
      San Miguel Basin Gunnison Sage-Grouse Working Group
      596 Sabeta Dr., Unit D
      Ridgway, CO 81432
      970-708-7131

      Cheryl Day

      Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
      Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.
      Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  –Helen Keller